A letter from the Assistant to the Librarian at Windsor Castle, Berkshire (then Major Sir Owen Frederick Morshead [28 September 1893 - 1 June 1977]) responding to a previous correspondence from K.E. Maltwood dating May 17. Topics discussed include an allegorical drawing by Leonardo Da Vinci exhibited at Burlington House that K.E, Maltwood believes may have an astrological connection/represent part of the zodiac, and the work's interpretation by art historian Kenneth Clark in the "Catalogue of the Drawings of Leonardo Da Vinci at Windsor Castle".
- In Collection:
- 1 page
- From The Librarian, Windsor Castle
- Pencil annotations by Katharine Maltwood in the left margin.
- Handwritten signature on typed letter possibly "A H Si[?]oa[?]thios".
- Katharine Maltwood Collection
- Donor: John Maltwood
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/findaids/maltwood_inventory.pdf
- Digitized by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Technical and cataloguing metadata provided by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Migration metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (email@example.com). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|From The Librarian 01||2020-01-31||Public||