Vancouver Island (subsequently part of British Columbia, now in Canada). 'Nanaimo Harbour and Departure Bay surveyed by Capt. G.H. Richards R.N. H.M.S. Plumper, 1862 [sic]... '. Scale: 1 inch to about 500 yards. Compass rose. Engraved by J and C Walker; published at the Admiralty, 1 September 1860; corrected to 1878. [Nanaimo, 1860; 1878; 1879]
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 527
- 1 sheet
- 49.16638, -123.94003
- 49.20207, -123.97618
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- 1862 to 1866
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: WO78-2311 (22)
- To accompany my report of this day's date, J.B. Lovell, Colonel Commanding Rl. Engr., Halifax, N.S. 20th December 1879
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by CDW, April 29, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.