Our mutual friend, no. 06Public
Last complete novel completed by Charles Dickens and is one of his most sophisticated works, combining savage satire with social analysis. In the opening chapters a body is found in the Thames and identified as that of John Harmon, a young man recently returned to London to receive his inheritance. Were he alive, his father's will would require him to marry Bella Wilfer, a beautiful, mercenary girl whom he had never met. Instead, the money passes to the working-class Boffins, and the effects spread into various corners of London society. Issued monthly from May 1864 to November 1865 in illustrated green paper covers. Chapters 1-3: Chapter 1. Of an educational character -- Chapter 2. Still educational -- Chapter 3. A piece of work
- In Collection:
- Call Number: PR4568 A1 1864
- University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections, PR4568 A1 1864
- 20 volumes in 19
- Book the second: Birds of a feather
- 51.50853, -0.12574
- Victorian Serial Novels Collection
- December 14, 2010
- 24 bit color 400 dpi BMP; 24 bit color 150 dpi med quality (5) JPG; scanned 14Dec10-9Mar11 by CDW and SC; metadata by GF and KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original. This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.