North America. Sketch Map of part of the British Possessions to the West of the Rocky Mountains. Lithographed and Printed at the Topographical Depot, War Department, under the direction of Captain Elphinstone, RE; H James, Col RE, Superintendent. About 23 miles to 1 inch. Author, Publisher, &c.: War Office, London. [British Columbia, c. 1858]. Map includes reference key for food products, timber, animals, and fish. Descriptive text on farms, soil types, etc. Locates Forts and some First Nations villages and territories.
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 381
- 1 sheet
- British Possessions to the West of the Rocky Mountains.
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: CO700-BRITISH COLUMBIA5
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP April 22, 2010.
- 600 dpi jpg
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.