A trail starting at Fort Shepherd where the Columbia and Pend D'Oreille rivers meet, continuing along the Salmon River, then Summit and Cayoosh Creeks, the southern base of Kootenay Lake at Goat River, over to Mooyie Rover, past a lake to the starting point of Dewdney's Trail, and up to where St. Mary's River and Kootenie River cross. There are notes about the land cover along the trail including prairie, grass, and hills. A few features are named along the trail including ferries, a house, a bridge. The map also includes Kootenay Lake and Kootney River to where it meets the Columbia River (no trail along this portion of the map).
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 20T1MISC
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number:1988
- 1 sheet ; 55 x 75 cm
- Trail to Kootanie from Ft Shepherd (rough draft & fair copy)
- 49.00381, -117.61775
- 48.99983, -117.6355
- 49.7125, -116.88333
- 49.31561, -117.65276
- Scale: 4 Miles to one Inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- August 8, 2012
- 400 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.