[Trail to Kootenie from Fort Shepherd]Public
A trail starting at Fort Shepherd where the Columbia and Pend D'Oreille rivers meet, continuing along the Salmon River, then Summit and Cayoosh Creeks, the southern base of Kootenay Lake at Goat River, over to Mooyie Rover, past a lake to the starting point of Dewdney's Trail, and up to where St. Mary's River and Kootenie River cross. There are notes about the land cover along the trail including prairie, grass, and hills. A few features are named along the trail including ferries, a house, a bridge. The map also includes Kootenay Lake and Kootney River to where it meets the Columbia River (no trail along this portion of the map).
- LSV Number: 20T1MISC
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number:1988
- 1 sheet ; 55 x 75 cm
- Trail to Kootanie from Ft Shepherd (rough draft & fair copy)
- 49.31561, -117.65276
- 49.00381, -117.61775
- 49.7125, -116.88333
- 48.99983, -117.6355
- Scale: 4 Miles to one Inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia: Early British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- August 8, 2012
- Cataloguing metadata: Provided by the LTSA and adapted by the University of Victoria Libraries to their requirements.
- For permission to publish or otherwise reproduce, or to purchase a high-resolution digital file, please contact the LTSA at email@example.com. Reproductions must credit the LTSA as the source and cite the Surveyor General Vault map number or other unique identifier listed on this catalogue record.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.