The first page of Chapter I: The Fire Sign, Leo and the first page of Chapter XII: Orion the Giant "Light of Heaven", from Katharine Maltwood's manuscript "King Arthur's Round Table". The first page of Chapter XII Orion the Giant "Light of Heaven" features a cut out photograph of the Giant Orion from Katherine Maltwood's Somerset Zodiac (also known as Glastonbury Zodiac). A caption under the photograph reads: "DUNDON Hill - photographed from the - air, here reveals - “THE GIANT’s” - head, and arm which - Messire Gawain - is said to have cut off in - Branch 6, Title 5, of the High History". The first page of Chapter I: The Fire Sign, Leo features a cut out photograph of Leo from Katharine Maltwood's Somerset Zodiac (also known as Glastonbury Zodiac). A caption under the photograph reads: “The ‘formidable animal’ - The Lion that the Knights of King Arthur are - represented as killing".
- In Collection:
- 2 pages
- Chapter XII: Orion the Giant 'Light of Heaven'
- Chapter I: The Fire Sign, Leo
- Manuscript of "King Arthur's Round Table"
- Katharine Maltwood Collection
- Donor: John Maltwood
- Katharine Maltwood fonds
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/findaids/maltwood_inventory.pdf
- July 15, 2015
- Digitized by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Technical and cataloguing metadata provided by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Migration metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (firstname.lastname@example.org). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.