San Juan Boundary. Charts showing Admiralty Hydrographers opinion respecting the line of boundary as constituted by the award of the German Emperor, 21 Oct 1872. Admiralty Charts 1191 and 2689. 2.5 sea miles to one inch. Enclosed in Admiralty letter of 14 Nov 1872. Admiralty. [Juan de Fuca, Strait, 1849; 1871; 1872]. At head of title: America, N.W. Coast. surveyed by Captain Henry Kellett, R.N. 1847, Haro & Rosario straits, by Captain G. H. Richards, R.N. 1858, Admiralty inlet and Puget sound, by the United States Exploring Expedition, 1841, coast south of C. Flattery by the same in 1853 ; J. & C. Walker sculpt. Published Jany. 18th. 1849; Corrections & additions Augst. 1864, Feb. 65; small corrections: Jan., April, Dec. 1871; Nov. 1872. Soundings in fathoms. Insets: Continuation of Admiralty inlet and Puget sound; side view title: Appearance of Cape Flattery bearing N.E. 16 or 17 miles. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights; depths shown by soundings in fathoms.
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 519
- 1 sheet
- 48.56121, -122.75962
- 48.29674, -124.01225
- 48 35'N--47 30'N / 124 45'W--122 10'W
- 47.94981, -122.60126
- 48.54876, -123.21918
- 47.83315, -122.43458
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: FO925-1959 pt2
- April 12, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP May 4, 2010.
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.