Vancouver Island and adjacent Shores of British Columbia. surveyed by Captn. G.H. Richards, R.N. assisted by Lieut. R.C. Mayne ; J.A. Bull, D. Pender, E.P. Bedwell, Masters ; J.T. Gowlland & G.A. Browning, Sec. Masters, & E. Blunden, Mast. Assist. 1859-64 ; Juan de Fuca Strait from Capt. Henry Kellett's survey of 1847, shores of Washington Territory from the United States Coast survey. About 10 miles to 1 inch. Author, Publisher, &c.: Admiralty (No. 1917) London. [Vancouver Island, 1859-65; 1908]. Compiled and drawn by E. J. Powell. Engraved by Davies & Powell. At head of title: North America, west coast. Relief shown by bathymetry, soundings in fathoms, spot heights, and hachures. Includes nautical features. Side views of several features bottom left. Shows First Nations territories. First published 1865, updated and corrected. Latest date on map 1908. corr. 1908
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 571
- 1 sheet
- 49.65064, -125.44939
- 47.50012, -120.50147
- 48.29674, -124.01225
- 51 24'N-47 54'N/130 27'W-121 32'W
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: CO700-BRITISH COLUMBIA34
- April 12, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP April 27, 2010.
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.