Commonplace book (scrapbook) kept by Frank Sylvester from 1874 to 1907. Consists of miscellaneous information recorded from a variety of sources including newspaper clippings and journals about random facts, art, ships in port, recipes, accounting and bills, obituaries, a meteor falling, diseases and medicine, drawings, Alert Bay Canning accounts, etc. and a few entries of daily life and accounts.
- In Collection:
- 631 pages ; 24 x 36 cm
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- Entries on ruled and numbered pages in "Record" book. NOTE: a number of pages have been excised from the original diary. Where this occurs, page numbering reflects missing pages [e.g. p. 352-401 where p 352-400 have been removed].
- Frank and Cecilia Sylvester Collection
- Acc. No.: 2002-029, 2.1
- Frank and Cecilia Sylvester family fonds
- January 17, 2008 to January 23, 2008
- 240 dpi RAW, Canon EOS 30D, photographed by KSW and CDW, edited by KM and CDW. Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (firstname.lastname@example.org). Patrons may view the material through the Victoria's Early History Collection, but may not use images without permission of the University.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.