Letter from Sir Francis Leopold M'Clintock, February 28, 1869Public
Part of a collection of letters from Arctic explorers Admiral Sir Edward Belcher (1799-1877) and Admiral Sir Francis Leopold M'Clintock (1819-1907) who engaged in Arctic surveys and were associated with the search for Sir John Franklin. Belcher commanded the expedition to search for Franklin in 1852 and M'Clintock discovered remains of the expedition in May 1859. This letter is from Sir Francis Leopold M'Clintock KCB FRS, and begins "Dear Admiral...". It is concerned with charts and exploration of the west African coast. Sir Edward Belcher is mentioned in this letter.
- In Collection:
- 1 folded leaf, double-sided
- 75.58494, -43.94531
- 19th Century Manuscripts
- Accession Number: 1996-049
- Special Collections Finding Aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/arctic-explorers-collection
- November 6, 2020
- Scanned on Plustek OpticBook 4800 at 600 dpi TIFF on 6 November 2020 by JF. Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original. This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.