One of a series of amateur motion picture films by Mathew Ko. Ko family members outdoors: man with baby, playing with snapdragons, girl twirling a baton, girls running around, posing for camera on lawn. Boy walking towards camera, fire in wooded area. Water breaking on beach near Ross Bay. Little boy playing with snow in toy truck, girls practicing needlepoint, close view of pink flowers. Children pose for camera, two girls playing with doll, playing on swings. Indoor scene of family, food, and lanterns. People pushed around in a wheelchair. Parade, drill teams and pageant in stadium [Royal Athletic Park]. Victoria Day Parade down Douglas Street [viewed between Yates and Johnson Streets], with “Prescription Druggist” and Bank of Toronto in background. "Chinese Girls Drill Team" large "Chinese Community" float with "8 Immortals" scene, Chinese lion dancer and martial arts demonstration on Johnson Street. Shriners with “Gizeh Temple Shrine Oasis” banner behind them. Scottish marching band and Shriners passing Empress Hotel and go to legislative lawn and steps. Brief scene playing in a park, children on swings, These clips were initially intended for home, personal use. Silent film.
- In Collection:
- 1949 Spring; 1949 Val, Grndma; 1949 April Seattle; May 24 Dr Mrr outing
- Kodak 16mm
- Mathew Ko Colour Films, Victoria's Chinatown and Region
- Mathew Ko fonds
- February 20, 2014
- Metadata by Lauren Chancellor
- NTSC 525
- Double-perf color reversal. B-wind. Kodachrome stock with possible 1952 Kodak date code. Shrunken. Perforation damage near head. Some very dark footage. Dirt in gate. Digitized at 18 FPS. Digitized by The Media Preserve
- additional metadata by MT
- Contact UVic Special Collection and University Archives for reproduction requests (fee for reproductions). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.