An undated Autographed Letter Signed (ALS) from Gordon Browne explaining that he is not prepared to part with his father's sketches, but providing the address of his mother who "still has some portfolios of sketches". Gordon Frederick Browne (15 April 1858–27 May 1932) was an English artist and children's book illustrator. He was born in Banstead, the younger son of notable book illustrator Hablot Knight Browne ("Phiz"). From the 1880s, Browne was one of Britain's most prolific illustrators. Part of a collection of letters written by illustrators of Charles Dickens' works.
- In Collection:
- 1 leaf (folded)
- 52.16045, -0.70312
- Handwritten on both sides of a single leaf.
- 19th Century Manuscripts Collection
- For further information please contact Special Collections and University Archives.
- File: 1.15
- Accession Number: 2020-037
- Archival Finding Aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/peter-lowens-collection
- September 15, 2020
- 800 dpi TIFF. Metadata by KD.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.