Production material centres around a short interview conducted with Lorna Wanosts’a7 Williams in the ruins of Gamla, located in the Golan Heights region. In tape 1, Wanosts’a7 reflects on the site’s layers of history and compares it to how the layers of history in Mount Currie are represented in their stories. She recalls the oldest story she was taught in her childhood about how people came to live in Mount Currie. In tape 2, Wanosts’a7 continues to speak on the themes of change, a people’s connection to the past, the passage of time, the continuity of life, and the importance of knowing one’s history, as well as the site’s ability to teach reflection on these themes. She then talks about how the site gives one a sense of time, and how she gets a similar feeling from the remnants of old s7ístkens, traditional semi-subterranean winter dwellings of the Lil̓wat7úl, around Mount Currie. The filmed segments of the interview run from 17:18 on tape 1, and continue until 12:16 on tape 2. Additional sequences can be found proceeding and following the interview, including the Old City of Jerusalem, Golan Heights, and the Central Bus Station. Much of this material does not have corresponding audio.
- In Collection:
- Camera roll: CR03A
- Camera roll: CR04
- Sound roll: SR03
- Camera roll: CR03
- Camera roll: CR05
- 32.902778, 35.740556
- 32.90485, 35.80725
- 50.31667, -122.71667
- 31.7778, 35.2322
- 2 videocassettes : analog, col., Betacam SP
- Lorna Wánosts’a7 Williams Face to Face Media Collection
- Digitized in collaboration with the Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Accession Number: 2017-057
- Special Collections Finding Aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/face-to-face-media-fonds
- August 27, 2020 to September 8, 2020
- Originally recorded on 16 mm film and 1/4” reel-to-reel audio later transferred and synced to Betacam SP for use during post-production. Dates on cassettes are believed to reflect date of transfer.A transcript of the 1/4” sound reel (SR03) was created by Face to Face Media for use during post-production. This audio transcript includes additional interview segments not found on the videocassettes and has been provided unedited. Sound reel not transferred to Archives.Digitized by the The MediaPreserve. Access files created by University of Victoria Special Collections and University Archives. Metadata by Matt Innes.
- This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.